Royal British Legion
Royal British Legion – Sutton Scotney & District Branch
This Branch was formed in 1935 and celebrated it's 80th anniversary in 2015. The Branch meets quarterly, on the second Monday in the months of January, April, July and October, in the Victoria Hall at 8.00 p.m.
The Mission Statement of the branch is:
The Sutton Scotney & District branch of the RBL will:
- Commemorate Remembrance Sunday annually and such other anniversaries as the Branch agrees;
- Support the annual Poppy Appeal by providing support to the Branch's Poppy Appeal
- Organiser by recruitng volunteers to collect within the Branch's district;
- Organise one additional fund raising event annually;
- Support the welfare of Branch membership living within the district and will obtainassistance from the RBL where necessary for all members and for members of the armed forces community that may be referred to the Branch;
- Host occasional guest speakers and hold an annual dinner.
The Branch welcomes new members who do not need to have served in the armed forces. Anyone interested should contact the Membership Secretary, Benn Hitchen at SuttonScotney.Secretary@rbl.community
The Branch website may be found here