Applications may only be made by those aged 21 or over.
Deposit: A non-returnable deposit (£15 for bookings <£50; £35 for bookings <£100 and £150.00 for wedding receptions or other whole day booking) to secure the booking.
Balance: Payable no less than 7 days before the event
Security Retainer (use of kitchen/large gatherings only): £50/£100 Payable on signing this agreement either by cheque (which will be returned or shredded within one month after the period of hire) or by BACS (again, returned within one month after the period of hire)*
*This security retainer will be returned within one month of the period of hire provided that the premises are left in a fully cleaned condition; no loss or damage has been caused to the premises; all rubbish created during the hiring has been removed from the hall. Deductions will be made from this retainer as required should the hall require any works to restore to good order.
Hirers who stay beyond their booked hours may be charged additionally at an hourly rate
Terms and Conditions of Hire
It is hereby agreed that the Victoria Hall Management Committee (hereinafter the Committee) shall let accommodation at the Victoria Hall (hereinafter the Hall) as described overleaf under the following conditions:
1. The Hirers should ensure that they carry/effect suitable liability insurance for the event being held at the Hall and to indemnify the Committee in event of loss. Most private household insurance policies will provide suitable liability cover for non-commercial use. Please check with your home contents insurer.
2. The Hirers shall be responsible for their own equipment which shall be removed at the end of the event and shall leave the accommodation in a neat, clean and tidy condition. Some cleaning equipment/products will be made available for this purpose. Any electrical equipment brought into the Hall should be tested and certified to the current regulatory standard.
3. The kitchen is set up for food preparation, cooking and serving but under no circumstances is frying with oil and in particular deep oil cooking allowed.
4. The Hirers are to ensure adherence to the legal requirement for no smoking throughout the building.
5. The Hirers shall be responsible to make all guests aware of all the Hall’s fire exits.
6. For safety reasons, no children are allowed on the stage unless under constant adult supervision.
7. The Hirers are requested to do their utmost to ensure that persons leaving the event do so in a manner which will avoid annoyance to local residents.
8. The Committee shall be responsible for unlocking and locking the Hall.
9. Cars should be parked in the Hall car park on the opposite side of the road, leaving the front of the Hall clear for unloading and loading of passengers and equipment, and for emergency vehicles. Use of the car park is at the owners’ risk.
Lights. Hirers must ensure all lights and electrical equipment (warming drawer, dishwasher, oven, hot water etc) are switched off when they leave. The toilet taps, lights and outside corner lights must also be switched off.
Car Park Lights. These lights can be switched on at the left-hand side of the main door and must be switched off when the last person leaves. The outside light will provide sufficient time to get to the car park.
The Hirer is responsible for undertaking a risk assessment in order to ensure the hall is suitable for their purpose.
13. Should you identify any risks or faults please advise the Victoria Hall Committee.
14. The Committee reserves the right to charge in full for any booking not cancelled 7 days prior to the event.
Hirers who stay beyond their booked hours may be charged additionally at an hourly rate.
Temporary Bookings Secretary:
Tel: 07980 773330 Booking enquiries
Download a Floor Plan and Dimensions